Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Cookie Apple Dip

Lately I've been into eating cookie dough...well...it's actually a healthier cookie dough. That helps, right? I was eating it for lunch the other day then began to feel guilty as I looked over at the bowl of apples on the counter. I was thinking to myself that I should be eating an apple, not stuffing my face with cookie dough....how old am I? 
 
 
To be fair the cookie dough is actually fairly healthy. There are only 6 ingredients if you include the chocolate! I decided to slice an apple and dip it into the cookie dough. Uh...why haven't I tried this sooner? To me it tastes like an alternative to eating a large caramel apple dipped into milk chocolate. This makes for a great snack or a treat for those who are trying to eat right or follow a paleo or gluten free diet. You can easily adjust this recipe to suit your needs.
 
Cookie Apple Dip
 
1/2 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup creamy natural peanut butter
1/2 Tablespoon ground flaxseed
2 Tablesooons old fashioned oats
1/2 Tablespoon agave or maple syrup
1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
 
Directions
 
 
1.) Melt coconut oil in a bowl. Stir peanut butter into melted coconut oil.
2.) Add flax, oats, agave/maple syrup. Stir in desired amount of chocolate chips. (1/4 cup may be too much for some, I tend to go heavy on the chocolate!)
 
*Recipe serves 2*
 

Here is the recipe for the cookies before I tweaked the recipe into an apple dip!
Enjoy!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment