Search This Blog

Friday, August 16, 2013

Repurposing Gorgeous Candle Jars

I originally scored an excellent deal on these Illume Heirloom Pumpkin Soy Candles back in January at an after Christmas sale at Barnes and Nobles - of all places! They have a rich home-y pumpkin scent which I enjoy any time of the year. The retail price was $15.95 but they were marked down to just a few dollars each.

I bought three and broke out my last one to burn today. Sadly they don't burn very well, there is a lot of leftover wax on the sides and bottom of the candle. The upside to that is I chip it out to save. By the time I burn this candle, I should have enough leftover wax to make a fourth candle! I never attempted to make a candle before, but I'll be sure to share the experience with all of you.

Anyways...these jars are way to beautiful to throw away. They are gold with an oatmeal and rusty pumpkin color chevron sticker. To clean them up I froze the leftover wax in the the jar. Once frozen I chip out remaining wax. Freezing allows for a fairly easy and clean removal of the wax. Finally I peel off the sticker on the lid and clean any remaining residue with Goo-Gone.

As you can see, I have been using the jars to store my glasses. The glasses become a nice decorational piece on my desk instead of something pesky that I was to stuff in a drawer. I can think of many other ways to use these jars - such as a change jar, to hold cotton balls or q-tips, business cards, crayons, etc. If only I had more of these!

~House of Aqua

No comments:

Post a Comment