Search This Blog

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Health Nut Cookies - House of Aqua

 
 You all know that I love to bake and I like creating new cookie recipes. When @OrganizedJen posted a photo of a "Health Nut Cookie" and a description of ingredients, I knew it would be fairly easy to make. Here is what I came up with solely based on a photo and description.
 
 


Health Nut Cookies
 
1/2 cup creamy all natural peanut butter
 
3 Tablespoons whole ground flaxseed
 
1/4 cup old fashioned oats
 
1 Tablespoon raw agave nectar
 
1 Tablespoon honey
 
1/4 cup chocolate chips
 
 
 
Directions:
 
1.) Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
 
2.) In a mixing bowl, cream peanut butter and flaxseed together, then add oats.
 
3.) Mix in agave nectar and honey.
 
4.) Stir in chocolate chips.
 
5.) Drop 2 Tablespoons of cookie dough onto a baking sheet. Flatten dough and press into the shape and thickness you desire as these cookies will not spread while baking. Bake for 13-15 minutes.
 
 
 
 
 
** This recipe make 6 cookies! **
 
 
 
They went great with my homemade agave macchiato!
 


Enjoy! 
 

 


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for recreating this cookie! I too follow Jennifer and was very intrigued by those healthy cookies she kept on buying. Except that I wasn't brave enough to actually try to make them since I'm not a very good baker (I do better with actual recipes :)). I will definitely give this a go sometime this week. Thank you again for posting this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great!!! I will try to make them!!

    ReplyDelete