Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Agave Nectar Macchiato

I've recently been enjoying a new discovery, well at least new to me. That is agave nectar syrup. It is organic, 100% natural agave nectar and it has a low glycemic index. I started out using it with coconut sugar in cookie recipes and use it as a replacement in recipes that call for molasses. I recently ran out of my homemade vanilla latte syrup and thought I would try the agave out instead.

Agave Nectar Macchiato

1 Tablespoon Organic Agave Nectar syrup

3/4 cup 2% milk

1 shot of espresso, brewed

Directions:

1.) Pour agave nectar into the bottom of a measuring glass and add milk. Warm in the microwave ( or however you wish ) for 1 minutes. Remove from microwave and froth the milk using a milk frother.

2.) Pour frothed milk mixture into a coffee cup and add the shot of espresso on top.

3.) Enjoy as is or make it a caramel macchiato by drizzling caramel sauce on top.

Macchiato is Italian for "stained or marked." You can see the by pouring the espresso shot on top leaves it's mark.

If you have a sweet tooth or really want a caramel macchiato then simply add a drizzle of caramel sauce on top.

See how it's made here:



 


2 comments:

  1. Yumm! I need you to make my morning coffee..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen this in Mexican grocery stores & wondered if it was healthy. It's near the flax Seed & the other Healthy teas & things,I wanted to try it? but didn't know what to use it for? thANKS for the IDEAS. I will check this out, I have JOINT PROBLEMS for many yrs now, I need to try anything I can?

    ReplyDelete