Search This Blog

Monday, July 15, 2013

Summertime S'Mores Sundae

I've got to be honest, I have been obsessed with s'mores this summer. It is pretty unfortunate that I live in an area where I can't have an outdoor fire to roast marshmallows, however, I have found other methods to make this happen.

1.) You can always fall back on the microwave. I place the marshmallow on the graham and microwave for 5-10 seconds. Keep your on on it at all times because the marshmallow expands like crazy very quickly and you will end up with a sticky mess. I like this method because the marshmallow gets very hot and melts the chocolate well.

2.) The second method is using a broiler. My broiler is in my oven or maybe you have one of those countertop broilers? Same difference. Try it out! This method will toast the marshmallow but it really doesn't heat the it as well overall and doesn't melt the chocolate all that well.

I have been experimenting with different candy bars such as:

~Babe Ruth
~Kit Kat
~Nestle Crunch
~Hershey's Cookies and Cream
~Twix
~Reese's

If you are looking for s'more ( haha! get it?) variety then leave the Hershey Milk Chocolate on the shelves and grab something else! May I suggest Twix and Reese's?

With s'mores on my mind, I took it a step further and began experimenting with s'mores sundaes. The photo above consists of a microwaved marshmallow on a graham cracker with homemade vanilla ice cream on top. Next I melted milk chocolate and put that on top of the ice cream with another graham cracker on top. Finally, I broiled a marshmallow which I placed on top of the graham then added more melted milk chocolate.

It's summer - experiment with s'mores!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment