Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

How to make an Iced Caramel Macchiato like Starbucks

Let's cool off with an easy to make Iced Caramel Macchiato that will save you a lot of money by making it at home! While I love Starbucks and I admit I am a frequent customer, there are days when I really enjoy creating the drinks at home and I love sharing them with you. If you want to see how to make a hot Caramel Macchiato you can read about it or watch it here! If you want to see how this one is made, scroll to the bottom of this post for the video!
 
This recipe makes a 16 ounce grande drink.


Iced Caramel Macchiato

2 shots of brewed espresso, hot

3 Tablespoons vanilla syrup

1 1/4 cup 2% milk

3/4 cup ice cubes

Smucker's Caramel Topping for drizzling

 

Directions:

1.) In your cup  pour 3 Tablespoons of vanilla syrup into the bottom, then add milk on top.

2.) Carefull fill remaining room in the cup with whole ice cubes leaving a little room on top for the espresso. You can adjust the amount of ice you prefer. I tend go light on the ice when I make it for myself.

3.) Pour espresso shots on top of the ice.

4.) Drizzle caramel syrup in a cross-hatch pattern by going back and forth in each direction then a circle or two on the outside to get an even coverage of caramel on top.

You will have a beautiful looking drink like this with distinct layers. The bottom is sweet vanilla milk and caramel - because some of it will sink to the bottom - while the top is rich with espresso. If you prefer the flavors mixed evenly then give it a shake or stir.



Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely delicious! I made one this morning for my husband and I and we both loved it. This is a dangerously good recipe to have at home ;)

    ReplyDelete