Search This Blog

Monday, May 6, 2013

Spring Beauty Favorites

Now that spring has arrived, I thought I would share a few of my favorite products I am currently enjoying!
I keep it simple when it comes to lip products. No fuss here. I basically wear my EOS sweet mint lip balm every day. I recently discovered the "elf Mate Lip Color" shown above in #21114 Nearly Nude. Doesn't hurt to try it since it is cheap. I got mine at Target for $2-$3. The L'Oreal Colour Riche in #110 Soft Pink is also a favorite.

Why haven't I discovered bronzer and highlighter sooner? I am really behind them times. I ended up with the Urban Decay Naked Flushed palette which includes a bronzer, highlighter, and a blush from Ulta after going there to buy some new blush. I love Urban Decay's packaging of products into one easy to use - store - travel with palettes.

Recently while browsing Pinterest, a makeup photo caught my eye. I followed the link to a website that recommended the "elf Shimmering Facial Whip" for an all over facial highlighter. You can pick this up at Target for $1. I love these prices by the way. Nothing worse than spending money on cosmetics only to find out it is the wrong color or it didn't work for you. Mine is #1205 in Lilac Petal and I mix a dot of it with my foundation and then apply my foundation like normal.

All time favorite nail polish is Sally Hansen Diamond Strength in the color "Something New." This is the very first nail polish I actually had to repurchase because I used the last bottle in it's entirety. It's a great bright coral, not quite neon and crazy, but very bright and versatile. I bought mine at Ulta, but I saw my local Target also carries this color.

Who doesn't love to smell good? I like Philosophy perfumes year 'round because they are light, fresh, and soapy. Pure Grace and Amazing Grace are my favorites. I found the Ulta Beauty Smoothie lotion in Coconut Lime Cooler has a great scent and the lotion is thick and moisturizing.

Last but not least, I have some candles to share. As you can see I have a difficult time getting over fall. Fall scents are my year 'round favorites, really. While I stick with Bath & Body Works for all home scents, I picked up several Illume soy candles in Heirloom Pumpkin around Christmas. I know, it's spring and I am talking about fall candles I bought at Christmas... Anyways, I find it to be a great scent for the home anytime.
I am currently burning Bathy & Body Work's Slatkin & Co. Meet Me In Tahiti too.

No comments:

Post a Comment