Search This Blog

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Life's Randomness

I've been on a hiatus, life has been crazy since the school year began and I have been neglecting my blog. Here I will share with you some of my life's random moments in photos. So let's get started...
...I'm totally thrilled with this Candies houndstooth jacket I thrifted for $13. It pays to live in a nice area. It means our thrift stores are loaded with great items just waiting for me to find them!

I also picked up "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn. I already read this book which is a fantastically crazy book if you haven't read it. I have a sister in college who appreciates being able to read but not having to fork over the money at a book store so I keep my eye out for great reads to send her.

I met up with a great friend for lattes and brioche breakfast pastries. Great friendships are important.

As a lover of aqua I was awe when I found 3 KitchenAid utensils that I didn't have. I'm never going to use the meat tenderizer but who cares, it's aqua. (I collect everything aqua by KitchenAid.)

I love you Ballard Designs! My new gray chevron rug came in. It is a runner for the entryway. These rugs are magical. Seriously, they are indestructible but most importantly, stylish.

We had great weather recently, enough to sit outside on the patio in the mornings with my husband. It is one of my favorite things to do.

I went shopping with a friend who was looking for special occasion dresses and I stumbled upon this Ann Taylor dress for an occasion coming up in April. I love the modest and classy cut.

Okay....probably seems like all I do is meet up with friends for coffee, right? Meeting up for coffee is great for us moms to do while the children are in school. I met up with another friend and we went to Chi Chocolat for their mochas. The photo speaks for itself.

I snagged this hard to find pillow at HomeGoods. Anything chevron flies off the shelf within a day. I got this for our master bedroom, however, it is currently in the entryway. I'm working on finding a pillow for the entry...

Sorting through clothes in my daughter's room. Can you spy a cat in this picture?

My husband ran his third Rock N' Roll marathon in a year so far...I'm very proud of him.

We cleaned up the garage. I'm taking a break to enjoy the rain we get so little of in Southern California.

I took my daughter to a rock climbing birthday party for a friend of hers. She was very unsure at first but slowly gained confidence. It was a joy to watch.

A friend of mine had back surgery and I baked some cookies for her and her family when I went to visit.

Settled on this dress on Etsy.com for my daughter to wear for my brother's upcoming spring wedding.

Crazy book! I read it in a day.

Recent outfit of the day. Rocking some Minnetonka moccasins, Joes Jeans, J. Crew plaid top, Tory Burch purse, Aldo necklace.
 

4 comments:

  1. Could you post a link to the etsy webpage? I have been looking for something like that for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for asking, it's by StarSistersDesigns. They are closed currently for a few days. There is another seller with a similar dress I have been eyeing called SimplicityCouture. Hope that helps!

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much! Off to shop :)

      Delete